1

1

Monday 10 August 2015

"Ramadhan, Syawal and You"

What can I said, this Ramadhan is totally different from other years. Which I am being apart from family and living independently in month of Ramadhan without them. I am very grateful because I have a good friends here. What people always said that, "friends with good people will result a good attitude. Otherwise, friends will bad people, will affect a bad behavior."


Assalamualaikum, My name is Nuralia Binti Rudi. I am 18 years old and continue studying in Diploma in Human Resource Management at Kuantan. This is my new task in English Proficiency I by Madam Nurul Atikah.

For me, "Ramadhan, Syawal and me" give me a blessing in which I need to study and to be independent in one time. I have to appreciate time because time is gold. Everyday I "iftar" with my friends. They are mostly from Terengganu. It's nice to meet them, they are kind person. We often share our stories, our different life stories that makes us unique. I love them very much.

When the end of Ramadhan, I feel sad. I can't feel those moments we thought after. The moments we share, we will remember forever. Thanks guys for making my "Ramadhan" one of my happiness in my life. Happy Eid Aidilfitri. I greet and forgiving with my families, especially with my parents. I do a lot of sins towards them, I am really sorry. I promised, I will study hard for my final exam. When age increased, "I get less duit raya." It's a little bit sad, but I'm okay with it. I have to accept that I am not a kid anymore. Hahahaha.

And last about me, I am grateful to be able to continue study in College Poly-Tech Mara Kuantan. Too much of memories and stories to be share, allow me to close my stories. Assalamualaikum.

Author : Nuralia Binti Rudi



Hi, I am Nurul. How does it feels like my Ramadhan, Syawal and me?
This year, my Ramadhan and Syawal are not really interesting as I growing up year by years
and it's more ungraceful since I had to celebrate my Ramadhan in Kuantan with those new
friends I have met for the first time since I went to Poly-Tech Mara College in Kuantan,
Pahang furthering studies instead with my beloved family in Kuala Lumpur.

I am celebrating my ramadhan without my family members yet still enjoying Ramadhan
with those new friends in here and new experiences having orientation for new student
July 2015 intake in Poly-Tech Mara College during fasting. It took 4 days we having the orientation with our facilitators that hardly guides and cheers all of us over 500 new students in here
and it was a good time to remember.




A week before syawal, the authority let all the new students to go back home
to prepare Syawal celebration with our family. As I came back home, I went to shopping
complex with my family and we bought new Baju Kurung for ladies and new Baju Melayu for men.
Both of them are our traditional dresses for "Hari Raya" on the first Syawal.
We also bought some casual clothes to wear on the next day.

On the first Syawal we asked apologizes to each other for any wrongs that we have made.
In Malay tradition, the old people will give some money called as "duit raya" to kids, teenagers and
to people that still not married yet. As i growing up, my "duit raya" obviously not as much as I were a kid, I have got less "duit raya" for this year even though I still not get married but still enjoying my Syawal and I am so grateful because both of my grandmothers and my grandfather, on my father sides are still alive and I still had the chance to celebrate this Syawal with them.




Even though my Ramadhan and Syawal are not really interesting for this year,
I still thanked to God for giving me such a great blessing family members.
They are always made my days, they are always there in any conditions that I have to
get through. They are always there from my day ups and downs.
I am wishing I could get the chance to celebrate my Ramadhan and Syawal in the next year.


Author : NURUL NAZWA BINTI ALIHUDDIN


  Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar . The blessed month of fasting. The basic aim of Ramadan  for Muslims to establish control during the month and be better Muslims.Fasting is compulsory once a child reaches puberty. Those who are ill or on a journey are excused, as are women during their monthly period or if they are pregnant or nursing because they are very weak and need the food and energy more than most missed days are made up for later in the year when one is more able. Muslims fast from daybreak to sunset.Although each nation will have its own way of going about fasting during Ramadan, it is common that a light meal is eaten at dusk to break the fast (Iftar), followed by a slightly heavier meal, and finally a light breakfast just before dawn (Suhur).




      At Suhur, I will have a balanced diet of my meals, a glass of skyjuice(as one can get very thirsty during the day) and perhaps a few slices of toast in order to prepare myself for the long day ahead. When Iftar arrives I would start with a supplication to Allah (swt) (Doa) then eat a date and drink some water. I would then perform my evening prayers before sitting with my family and have my dinner after which I will attend the local mosque for some evening prayers. Every night in Ramadan there are special, extra prayers called Terawih.This schedule is taken from the example of our Prophet, Muhammad (saw).My experience at this KPTM Kuantan is I have to break fast far from my beloved family.However,I glad because I can break my fast with my new friends from other country and we break our fast with our seniors during the orientation.We also shared our experience likes some of us that HOMESICK and always cried.

     Eid al Fitr is the most important Islamic Holiday. Millions of Muslim’s all around the world celebrate this great event. It is celebrated on the day after the month of Ramadan..The time of Eid al Fitr changes each year because Ramadan is based on the lunar calendar.The reasoning for this celebration is to promote peace, strengthen the feelings of brotherhood and family and to return back to the normal course of life after a month of self-denial and religious devotion.Eid is a large part of a Muslims life, a large part of mine. It is a celebration of thanks, of peace, of happiness, victory, remembrance, and forgiveness.Eid al Fitr is my family’s favorite holiday. My family and I cannot wait to celebrate. A week before Eid al Fitr my family starts preparing for the celebration by buying new clothes, getting haircuts for my brother and dad, and shopping for new pattern of scarfs. We like to look our best during the celebration. We enjoy it because it gives us an opportunity to all gather together and become reunited but really what I enjoy the most is to baked some types of cookies likes Almond London,Semperat and others.My beloved mom cooked Nasi Ayam Hannoi,Nasi Kaumuk(Thailand traditional) Lemang and Satay.




    We celebrate Eid al Fitr by praying solat sunat hari raya , decorating our homes, eating a lot of raya food and gathering with friends and family. On the first day of Eid, my family celebrates the holiday very similar to the way many other Muslims do. We gather together at my parents  house after the solat of hari raya to ask for forgiveness,collecting the duit raya from my sisters and brother.There are also many kids came to my house for the first of eid to celebrated the hari raya together.The main point of the kids is just to collect the duit raya and compate among of them who gots many duit raya.After we eat the food we get ready ourselves to go for our grandmother house at Sg.Golok Thailand.

   by:Rus Amira Darviena Binti Mohamed


This Ramadhan,my family and I were far apart.I was in Kuantan while they were in Perak.It was  quite awkward because I had to fast and survive there alone without my family.Luckily technologies help us stay connected and celebrate Ramadhan together even we are far apart.When holiday is  coming,me and my friends were very excited to go home and celebrate Hari Raya Aidilfitri.We took a bus  from Kuantan to Ipoh on 10pm.The journey took about 8 hours because of traffic jammed.We  arrived  Ipoh at 6.30am


For this year my family and I celebrated Hari Raya Aidilfitri in the village which is situated in  Kuala Kangsar,Perak.We arrived a day early before Hari Raya to gather with other family members.The day before Hari Raya,I can see my big family will busy making our tradition food which is  Lemang,Rendang and Ketupat.Moreover,having a big family is an advantage.It is because we can  simply do many jobs in a short time by diving the jobs equally.For example,the fathers who are busy with the Lemang while the mothers are busy with Rendang.I found that this is the moment that I  will never be bored to face it even for thousands of times because it can strengthen our relationship.






The night before the special day arrived my cousin and I were enjoying ourselves playing fire  crackers and fireworks.The house which is located far from the town what we called a village,will be decorated with ‘pelita’ around the house.There will be a competition that every house must decorate their house with ‘pelita’.It has been found that such activities is a legacy.People nowadays had  invented a new kind of ‘pelita’ which is made from plastic,but in my village they still maintain the   tradition making pelita that made up from bamboo stick..I followed my cousin to see the variety of  pelita that have been done by the villagers.I was so excited because the villagers were very creative  decorate their  pelita.




The first Syawal we woke up early to prepare for the meals and getting ready with our new baju  kurung while waiting for the men back from the mosque for Hari Raya prayer.After that,we will line up to seek for forgiveness from family and will move on to my eldest uncle and so on.Then,we will  enjoy all kind of food such as Lemang,Rendang,Lontong and so many more.Many of relatives  come and visit us.Then,we ate,talk and laugh together because it has been awhile we did not see  each other.We took a lot of photos with variety of pose either with family or cousins. 
                    Hari Raya  Aidilfitri  this year gives m so much memory to remember. Okay so here's some raya's picture I want to share.Enjoy !





written by : Fatini Binti Ahmad Puat.




Assalamualaikum  and greetings ...

                  I'm Siti Nur Khairunnisa Binti Shaikh Mazirizi from Seremban, Negeri Sembilan.. 




Ramadha,Syawal and Me?? Let's talk about it...

                  On 20 May 2015, I have been in to the Poly-Tech mara, Kuantan, Pahang and My first's experience of fasting in Ramadan without my other family members ... Papa, Mama, Angah, Ateh, Nia, and Rizmi ... I feel very awkward with the situation going on around me ... I thought fasting which want to open? With whom? Foods and drinks what? ...

                   Alhamdulillah, here I can feel the atmosphere of the breaking of fast with friends even if they have just I know ... The blend of which is available to us in the beginning ... After that, we were able to buy a variety of delicacies at the ramadhan Bazaar ... Initially, sahur we provided by the College and distributed in front of block a in our help by our Senior..

                    On 14 July, we were able to return home to celebrate Eid with my family ... I returned to my village Chini ride my friend whose father was a friend of my uncle who lives in Felda Chini.. I went home first because I was closer than my family residing in Seremban. In the village, I helped my grandmother house cleaning, washing and other home early preparations to celebrate Hari Raya ..

               Hari Raya Aidilfitri was coming.. Yeah ... This year the theme My baju raya and family is coloured Rainbow .... This year we celebrate with my big family but in the short term because the second my sister can't vacation with long ... This year all my family could gather together in the ‘Teratak Tok Zaunah’ at Pahang,Besut at Terengganu and Bachok at Kelantan…...There are a lot of fun and interesting memories that I can't forget it...



My Mother's Family



A part of My Father's family- at SEPANG




My Father's Family

               
                  Finally, the year I feel quite sad ni because I can't help mother make various types of cakes but I'm also happy because I get 'duit raya' from my family and also from my big family even I'm 18 right now.. haha... I hope next year's Hari Raya Aidilfitril will be more festive than this year



Last year MY Family Hari Raya Aidilfitri picture



Written by: Siti Nur Khairunnisa Binti Shaikh Mazirizi









No comments:

Post a Comment